I finally watched the pilot episode of the new ‘Flash’ TV show last night and I’ve gotta say, I liked what I saw. I honestly couldn’t pick out one thing that I disliked and despite my undying love of all things Batman, I actually think it had a stronger start than ‘Gotham’. Here are my thoughts on the pilot:
- The show, overall (acting and dialogue) felt really tight. Like I mentioned, a better start than ‘Gotham’. None of the dialogue felt forced and the acting seemed genuine.
- Speaking of the acting, I like the look of all the actors and everyone seemed very in-character. I’ve never seen Grant Gustin in a single thing and he did a fantastic job as Barry Allen.
- I would be totally lying if I told you that seeing cast members from the old Flash show (John Wesley Shipp and soon Amanda Pays) didn’t leave a HUGE grin on my face. I love the old show so, I totally welcome this.
- Also, I was grinning like an idiot when I saw the mangled Gorilla Grodd cage. So awesome! Can’t wait to see him.
- In stark contrast to ‘Gotham’ (so far, at least) it was really nice to see superheroes (and soon, supervillains), in costume.
- I thought the Flash speed effects were really great. I like how they’re handling the mix of effects and camera angles.
- Poor Mikey Palmice can’t catch a break and gets whacked in the first episode. I kinda laughed when I saw him in the show but, don’t really care that he’s gone.
Anyways … very strong start! I will be keeping up with this show.